Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #36

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

                                                              Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
                                                     Publication Date: September 10 2013


Summary-

Old Gods never die…

Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.

Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god. 

These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning. 

Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out. 

Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.

The Goddess War is about to begin.

I am a huge fan of Kendare Blake because I LOVED Anna Dressed In Blood and Girl Of Nightmares. So I will definitely be reading Antigoddess.
What are you waiting on?

11 comments:

  1. YES, I'm looking forward to this one es well. It's going to be my first Kendare Blake read, and I can't wait!
    My WoW, and there's also a 100 Followers Giveaway running on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. She wrote Anna Dressed In Blood? I just bought that book and I'm so excited to read it when I have time!!! But, just read the synopsis and I added it on Goodreads!! I mean, books with a twist in Greek mythology are a rarity.

    My WoW :3
    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't a huge fan of Anna Dressed in Blood, but I love Greek mythology so I'm looking forward to reading this. Hopefully I enjoy it more than I did Anna!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soooooooooooooooooo cannot wait for this one! Still need to read the last Anna book too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one!! I hope it's as good as Anna! :) Great pick!!

    Our WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe i almost forgot about this one. Great pick!

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't a fan of Anna, I think it was the male POV - so I'll give this a shot at some point, but maybe after I read some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice, I can't wait to get my hands on this one as I love books with a mythological twist!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am waiting for this one too! I'm a fan of Greek myth, so this book is for me :D
    Hey, check this out! :D
    Review: Losing It
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one kind of gives me chills. I want, I want, I want!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! This sound really interesting. I didn't love Anna Dressed, but I'll definitely give this one a shot. Love Greek myths!
    My WoW @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time out to share your thoughts with us. We really appreciate it!